Thursday, March 26, 2009

Politics of the fragile mind: Sound and Fury

I'm back. *Insert Rambo theme song here*

Have you ever wondered if it is possible to get into the intricate mechanism of the human mind? To see what’s actually going on in there? I can’t figure it out. Sometimes I feel a certain way and the very next minute I feel something else. I’ll give you a few examples:-

1) I have a conversation with say person X, a total stranger and in the midst of the simple conversation I think this person is good and perfect and make images in my head about how good this person is. When in actual fact, I know nothing about this person. How do we know when a stranger is a good friend, very good friend, irksome monkeys (I know a few) or toxic?

2) There are only a few people whom I know will never wind me up. Sometimes I don’t know why I feel total dislike for people whom I call friends.

3) I may have a point after all. I decided to teach my mind to behave. Separation of powers: The mind and the freaking everyday practice. The most alarming feature the mind is that it sees bad as good and good as bad. Help me. The devil always fools us.

I just want to tell you, being a million miles away from everyone, I had a lot of time to feel and I only seem to initiate contact with people I actually like?! That’s it. I mean, come on, I don’t suck at keeping in touch. If I’m not keeping in touch, I don’t like you. Simple? Once again, if only I knew.

Now, I need some advice on forgiveness. I sometimes can see the good in some more than the bad and I believe there is hope in fixing them up, because deem down your inner instincts (which is very rarely ever wrong)..You know that this person is good and gone bad because he/she could not handle the pressing situation around coupled with wrong choices in life and whom you can call a total eff-up. I have done horrendous things to people before and I was given forgiveness…so, why can’t I forgive even if the damage is more than you can imagine?

Giddy hopes.

That gave way to a period of disappointment which you dwell and dwell and have patchy thoughts and make no progress of fixing it. But the more immediate question is how much disruption will be caused by the changing of minds? Once again, the devil is alive.


Michelle my person is supposed to call me yesterday!! Hsiao Phin I miss you very much you Baywatch Glenhuntly.

In sum…..take it easy.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Roddie!!

2 comments:

Dallas Diaries said...

Sometimes I don’t know why I feel total dislike for people whom I call friends.

Amen sister.

Brown Sugar said...

:)