Sunday, June 10, 2007

Concept of women and cars : Different kind of road rage

I’ am out of my PMS condition, so I can be a happy blogger for the next 28 days.Yay!!

I excitedly told this guy friend of mine that I had driven from JB to KL in a manual car. How cool is that! He asked me, if the car was okay and if people were dead. This out-and-out negative treatment wasn’t necessary at all.

I know many of you male chauvinist pigs (you know who you are) out there think that women shouldn’t be driving cars, simply because we just don’t and can’t drive to save our lives.
Oh yes we do.
We know how to drive a car and drive you up the wall. Just fine. See. We are certainly good drivers.

Okay. Maybe ONCE or TWICE, I would have done a SMALL boo boo. The best was with my baby sister and some friends.
The few of us went for a movie and like innate alcoholics we didn’t buy the usual twisties or pop corns, however we sneaked in bottles of white wine instead. Nice chilled white wine. Halfway through the Da Vinci Code, which I enjoyed. Even better I had wine and enjoyed the movie. Trying hard to hold back from taking a jokey piss at my Christian buddies.

I sense the Christ punished me later on.

I had to drive home from the after wine movie.

Clause: I can hold my alco, except for any kind of wine = Kryptonite

Dhis (sister): Careful. I think you’re pretty drunk. Want me to take over?
Me: Shut up. No need. Plus I have reverse sensors (one of the wonders of the world). It’s my Betsy (the name of my car) and the house isn’t far.
Dhis: Yeah you prolly need reverse, front and side sensors. In general.
Me: Whatever. I have seen more daylight than you. Don’t tell me what to do.
I reversed, relying on my reliable reverse sensors, until I heard a sound.
I stopped and immediately sobered up.Damn!
Not quite sure which aggravated me more, the fact that I had just knocked my car against the parking divider or that I had gotten sober.
My sister was laughing into her cardigan because if she were to laugh out loud, it would definitely resort to her walking home.

So what. I would have hit a few dividers, caused frustration and annoyance on the road (people showing me signs), driving on oncoming lanes, takes 45 minutes to side park, goes into a smart tag lane with no smart tag (had to get down to tell cars to move back), nearly killed a few people and so on-Yes I did bribe the driving school. It’s Malaysia FYI. Nothing goes on without paying-off. Therefore, not an ounce of guilt here.

What’s the biggie? I did not kill anyone, nor did my car end up in a tree or the drain.

Below:A picture of a sign i used to have stuck onto one of the windows in my car. (Dad told me to take it out, because they might PUT ME BEHIND BARS again if coppers see it.Just like how they would put me behind bars because i submitted my taxes late)


I got stopped by a sleazy copper some nights back, as they were doing their ‘random’ checks (nothing to do with corruption). He looked intently at me, and into my eyes to see signs of drunkard-ness I guess. I stared back.
I showed him my Malaysian drivers’ license and he let me off.
But I didn’t show him my’ Bitch on wheels’ license or my’ Hell was so full that I came back’ license.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh god! I can so see you getting out from your car, telling ppl to back off coz you drove into a smart tag lane without a smart tag.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, and people... please let me add. The incident after the movie was a result of 1/2 a glass of wine. All i can say is... KL drivers, please beware!

YS

Brown Sugar said...

Stupid.

Anonymous said...

Please note...

Nalina would like to make it clear that it's not her fault she drove into the smart tag lane. She just didn't see the BRIGHT YELLOW SMART TAG sign.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

YS

Shoba said...

Yes I can see Nalina not seeing the sign....dimwit

Brown Sugar said...

It's true...i tend to get a lil blind at night.
Yamuna: This is war.

Anonymous said...

Blind at nite? Or distracted by somethin, or shall i say someone next to you? *hint hint... stained/burned handbag**

YS

Shoba said...

nono...she goes blind...it's sad...we know this by the Black Bastard being Exhibit #1 (wait this incriminates me too...am leaving

Brown Sugar said...

Shut up girls.