Nowadays I don’t seem to produce the most lengthiest blogs as I used to back in my i-hate-world-is-so unfair-to-me-will-you-please-fuck-off-and-die days…Never mind…let’s see how far along we can go, as it’s late lunch hour here and it’s a Thusday…I don’t usually wrestle with the clock as I used to back home…things are different…and when I say different..I mean it…it's all working well for me and thank god for that.but not for the climate change and high cost of living (I pack my own lunch).
Now, on the housing front: Please see vivid explanation above. The days of squatting with friends ARE SO OVER BABY…and I can’t wait to blog about it( we need a separate blog)..you know that feeling right? When you can be free..like walk around butt naked and etc..do whatever…well yes…So have been looking at a few places here and there….there’s always like 20-30 people waiting to view the place and the odds of me getting it is rather low…but I managed this tiny one…Oh yeah, Real estate agents are not my best friends( same category as recruitment agents and insurance agents) –FO man…
The chocky stealer: There’s this big box of chocolates at the pantry with a clear sign that says $0.80 for one chocky…basically, I have been eating free chockys for 2 weeks now and only today realizing that sign! And below it there’s a sign saying ‘your honesty is highly appreciated’….oh…greediness is not? Oh ok.Not to mention that I clear the fruit box as well. But that’s free.Or is it?
I’m yet to revisit all the cosy bars for a couple….keep missing out on some Friday night drinks with colleagues as I’m still new and do not want to create an impression – You know what I’m talking about..See below:
Bar top panic: It was murder on the bar top…
Randon sleaze bag with a camera wanting to take pics of my knickers: Can i have it like that?
Me, Drunk outta my mind : You got it like that..
Just to be on the safe side and avoid situations like this.
I deciline.
Well what can I say? This is an age where thoughts just move around like crazy and tend to collude behind closed doors like unpredictable human nature forces.
The other night, I was awake at 11pm (I'm usually in the clouds by 10pm as I’ve got to get up by 5:30AM to get to work early)….I felt like, you know..Is this a world kind of thing..what am I doing here…what’s my purpose in life…when I thought I had it all figured out and made my biggest life decision ever. I suddenly got so afraid and all these hidden thoughts/worries came out gushing like a thousand knives on my forehead and I was scared like hell. I got scared of the dark, shadows and started to wonder…what the f**k?..it was like intensified resentment and frustration….then I calmed down…and went to bed…life just bloody goes on sometimes, even when you are forced to stop for a bit to reflect…but you can’t do anything about these reflections as life just goes on….This is not quite the pinnacle of my career, but the move I had made will determine the next 10 years of my life far and wide…
My health is better managed these days. My asthma came back when I got here due to the climate change. I hate ventolin puffs. But I do not have a choice as I might die of breathlessness. How embarrassing and I don’t like un-heroic deaths. The Doctor says that it is your responsibility to protect yourself. I still want to work out, but I got to be slow at the beginning to properly have a good build up. My sister is not here….so no family here…sucks a little…Apple de aps came from the states with wifey whom we never saw and only met him once. :( Yup, it’s the same Apple who teaches English but told us that 'Beauty is the beholder of the eye'... Go Dr!!Your courage is much admired. I still love you.
My Dad still loves me:
Dad: Nalina, have you settled in ok?
Me: Yes, I guess so.
Dad: Ok.
.......Silience..
Dad: Have you checked you email eh girl? Laughs.
Me: No why.
Dad: Heheheheh
Me: What?
Dad: No la girl, I just emailed you a repayment schedule in excel, broken down into months and ignoring the interest rates difference and fixed the rate from AUD-MAS, so you can easily pay me back the sum you loaned from me before you left. So you can die broke every month and I just don’t care about you. Life is tough.
Me: Oh
Me: Ok sure. Send me you bank account details.
Dad: Hehehe.. All there. Remit AUD * into my account on a monthly basis. Email is self explanatory
Me: Cool
Dad: Quite a sizeable amount eh you owe me.
Example of one of the emails:
I refer to our discusion this moning.
The total amount outstanding is RM X comprising RMX for credit card and RMX for me.
Based on an exchange rate of 1:3.10, the amount is around AUD X.You can remit AUDX per month for six months to clear the entire amount. The deductions can commence from this month.
I hope to hear from you.
My dad the finance minister and his daughter the accidental accountant.
Other developments in my life: 1) I Window shopped, I ate Max Brenner like I have not seen choc and 3) I do my laundry at the coin launderette.
And I miss everything there is to miss about home and my friends that flood my mail box every day :) I love getting those emails. It’s like I’m still there. Thanks you.
If I have missed out anything else….i’ll def come with it later on…
Next blog: Worst dates ever - The Saga of my purposeful dates that went to the dogs. There is absolutely nothing sexier than a 27 year old single woman bitching about men.
Preview: What is karma trying to tell me with this constant exposure to peasants? Do I have to obey everything that you hand down? The more I think of men, the more I love stray dogs…..Like profit takers these assholes…This is inspired by PCL…as she says she’ll beat anyone down to worst dates ever…I have met too many shocking men…I have built in shock absorbers…so throw me the most horrible, and I’ll tell you, been there….Positive: He’s just not that into me.
Hot debate.
BY the way, the view from my office is awesome. I’ll picture you guys soon.
This blog is not even it yet.....Hehe.

4 comments:
you have some sexy legs.
Did I say that out loud? Shit.
Also, tell daddy blood is thicker than money.
Max Brenner! I miss the lovely brownies! And that hot chocolate on a cold,cold day...Lucky u!
You might not think it (coz you gonna be forking out), but your dad is soooooo funny...hahhahha..
Not that my dad is, but omg they're so similar.. glad to know that you're doing good, besides the occasional bouts of claustrophobic mindcrapping.
Agree with dallas, my, my what long legs you have. Sexy can I...?
:P
Pri, i will do just that :)
Anu: We are def meeting up there when you come here
Anucia: Yeah dads can be a handful.
Post a Comment