Okay....I know I told a few people that I’d write about my trip to Cherating last weekend...but....I simply have to talk about more important things.
A nervous breakdown.
Have any of you experienced a proper nervous breakdown before?
As per Wikipedia, a nervous breakdown - is a non-medical term used to describe a sudden, acute attack of mental illness such as depression or anxiety. When used in common social discourse, the term often has pejorative connotations.
Specific cases are usually described as a "breakdown" only after a person becomes unable to function in day-to-day life due to mental illness. At that point the person's condition is advanced, and seeking professional aid is likely advisable.
Like the term “sanity,” the terms "nervous breakdown" and "mental breakdown" have no medical definition and are not used in a clinical sense. However, the medical or personal problems precipitating a sudden breakdown may well benefit from professional medical or psychological treatment.
A mental breakdown is not the same as a panic attack, though mental breakdowns can trigger panic
And now, instances of where I think I had a nervous breakdown.
Recently,
1) At Zara, my favourite clothing store, because it fits me nice, it fits me well. I’am tall and it accommodates taller people. No other place in Nalina world.
One beautiful morning, when I realised I had to get more work clothes, I skipped work to attack Zara and was eyeing this dress on display and wanted to try it on.
Me: Can I have that in size M please. (Like royalty, with a lot of confidence)
Sales girl: Sure thing
Me: Thanks (I have always been a size M from the time I hit puberty)
As I was trying it on. I realised it got stuck and kept getting stuck at my breathtaking Indian hips and with a lot of force I still could not gracefully slip it up. Ahhhh...a jolt of light came through me.....ting!!!....This size M is not actually a M.....change for another size M.
Me: Could I have another M please. I think this ones a defect.Mood messed up at this point.
Sales girl: Looked me from top to bottom and sarcastically said ‘Ok sure’
Me: I gave her my how would you like your slap face.
Still can’t fit into it
Me: About to get into a bitch fit, ‘Can I have a few more size Ms please'.
Sales girl: Ok
Can’t get into them either. Tough times.
Sales girl: Looking alarmed. and fired a question. Ma’am, how about if I got you a size L instead?. Saying this like you know like’ Hey why don’t you get a size L? Size L yours to enjoy you large woman…’
Me: Wide eyed near bitch fit. wanna slap you little midget face if you say another word. difficulties breathing while i can feel cold sweat on my face. and trying to blink. eyes still wide open at the echoing sounds of SIZE L in my head.
-----> Thats right. My first proper nervous breakdown.Social stress.Not able to cope with the change of size from M to L.
2) The night I had quit my job (again with confidence) without another job and blamed it on career burnout.
3) When I was 14 and Jon Bon Jovi came to Malaysia, my parents refused to allow me to go see him because I had term exams. Even when I rolled on the carpet from one end to the other kicking and screaming.....’ Pleaseeeee pleaseeeee let me go or I’ll just dieeeeeee’
4) When someone in my extended family told me that I have no talent and I’am not smart at all. He is old. SO I forgive him. Or else, I would have hurt him badly. There has to be something I’am good at right? God made every one different and unique. You know what. I can draw like Picasso. ( Just ask Prianna for confirmation, she’ll tell you)
That’s all for now.
Foreseeable nervous breakdown - At my new company. I’am quite sure of that.
‘You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm’ – Colette
Seriously, I have regained all my self worth after that quote.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
okay JUST in case you were wondering, Alot of clothing stores will make clothes smal--- wait, that doesnt do it right.
I think the manufacturing plant that day mislabled EVERYTHING. So all the smalls became M's and all the M's became L's, and then you happened to shop the same day as that shipment arrived.
I'm not lying, I've actually seen this happen when I was working at Fossil's corporate office.
And your drawing skills? yes. She is good, but she just doesnt know your race very well.
hey u.. i think someone needs a little beer..
and u should have looked at that girl straight in the eye and gone "SOMEbody's gonna get hurt real bad.."
=P
cheer up girl..
Babe I know how u feel...me, being 5'0" goes to Singapore to buy pants and asks for small..I have ALWAYS been small because my height outweighs the issues of my hips....after two hours, the only thing that fits me in Singapore? XL!! Bloody Singaporean Midgets (no offense intended as I have loads of Singaporean friends)
Prianna,hahahhaa....okay i believe you about the clothing bit...i too hope that it was a manufacturing blunder..about my art...i told you, Picasso made a small mistake..
Vicky,a LITTLE beer? 'Little' is VERY mildly used here.I did look her in the eye btw,and i DIDN'T need to say that as it went without saying ;)
Shoba,small small women...so pissing off...
Next time you feel a breakdown coming on, I want you to say this: "break it down for me fellas!" It'll help. I promise.
Hahahahah..! Point taken. I will say that out in the open at my new company if i'am feeling stressed out(for sure)...i don't know what shy is all about.Thanks :)
My sis is feeling quite stress in PwC after almost 3 years. Maybe you two should get together. Anyway, the weather is warming up here in Sydney, why not fly over here for a holiday and smell the roses?
Hope you get better soon.
Your poor sister. I feel her man. I so do. Would love to come to Sydney i smell the roses bern.Spring is hereeeeeee.
Post a Comment