Sunday, October 7, 2007

Revisiting the good old early days

I love face book. When it says it connects people. IT really does. I got in touch with a friend, a very good friend when we were like 8 years old and I went 'wow you remember me! And she said, of course I do, didn't I drag you to tour the drain networks in Damansara (where we live)

I cracked up. OMG.

Kids used to do normal things like play at the playground, seesaw, swings, Barbie dolls and etc.My friend and i (two 8 year olds), toured the monsoon drains around our neighbourhood.LOL

What was I like as a unique kid? A menace.

These are things I hear till today from my mother, my much older cousins, aunties and so forth. Simple distinction between me and normal children:

1) In the early 1980s, when I was born (1st child), my mum was so wretched to have me as her 1st born because I wasn't easy. She had to quit her job because I either beat up other kids at the babysitters or gave my grandmother misery (she could not walk after a while because I was an exhausting child-like grandkid from hell) could not handle me. So my mummy quit her job to look after this:


Ready for the ring.

2) When my sister came into this world, I got really jealous I presume.Mini me got jealous. Very jealous that when she was about 8 months crawling around the place like a dumbass, I apparently poked her eyes and took an adapter (heavy 3 point plug) and threw it at her head, and her head swelled and she cried like an idiot. Then my mother said, I laughed and thought it was funny. My mum usually makes me stand outside the house for a while as punishment after I had done something. According to her, I don’t cry. While standing outside, occasionally she says I destroy her plants. Then she gets me with a hanger or a feather duster.

3) I wouldn’t eat, I spit out food, wouldn’t sleep, needs to be carried around until 2am.Only eats imported biscuits (you’d have to lie to me and tell me its imported, or else I’ll just roll and play with the biscuits).My dad has to come home from work urgently to look after me because my mum gives up from time to time. And I torture maids. And constantly wore my Citara(from Thundercats) paper mask around the house.

4) I used to go to grandma’s a lot. So I ended up calling her mum and called my mum aunty. “I don’t wanna go back to auntyyyyy’ (the only time I’ll cry)

5) I carried my 2 month year old sister (3rd sister), from the cot and left her on the bed like a stuff toy (don't know if I had used one hand or both hands, can't remember). I was 6. And I told my mum about it humorously. She ran to check if my sister was ok.Then I had to stand outside again.

6) One evening, I was playing at my neighbours place, and she had called me 'black girl'. OMG. What a wrong move. So I pushed her into the drain and her dad came to my house and scolded me and told my mother you better reprimand your daughter.

---> I was bigger than most kids my age.

7) When I was in first grade, the school bus had left me so I walked home. And my mother cried thinking what happened to me because I wasn't home for nearly an hour.

8) I used to play lastic (roll a piece of paper real tight) and shoot it at a person with a rubber band (you can bleed), take bed sheets and make a tent and sleep in there. Collected all the thunder cats and he-man toys.

9) Once when we driving around in the car, in many instances, I just got pissed off for no reason and threw a set of house keys out of the window in the moving vehicle. Dad had to stop in the highway and look for the keys. Then I guess he yelled at me.

10) I called my mum’s aunty who’s name is Edith 'idiot'.

11) We used to visit a family friend and I would take her teenage daughters lipstick and put it all over my face and break things in her room.

A major breakthrough occurred when I was slightly older: The Cane.

My uncle and i-Now don't blame me for my drinking habits.

My truthful first love. Popeye the sailor man


Lots more. But before you think I' am a seemingly ill-disciplined creature, I’ll stop here.


In the end, we all lived happily ever after and I discretionarily morphed into this nice, polite and quiet girl. The culture in me

9 comments:

Selery Stick said...

of course the drinking habit remains til this day, as evidenced by the margarita line-up ;)

Dallas Diaries said...

nice polite quiet girl, with 3 margaritas in hand. HAHA

ANd the edith -idiot thing is cracking me up OMG!!!

Brown Sugar said...

Selina,hehehhahahahha...i do it in moderation..come on now..

Pri,i nicely, quietly and politely drank all 3 margaritas by myself..

Aunty Idiot does not come to visit us anymore...

Shoba said...

hahahaha....I'm sorry....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes my sisters and I did the monsoon drain, and while i never threw anything at their heads, I DID push nisha off mum's dressing table when she was two, breaking her collarbone...dum de dum

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha!

I believe you left out the part when you came to Ipoh six years ago, where you bullied n corrupted a shy, innocent angel just so you'll have a drinking buddy 5 years down the line...

YS

Anonymous said...

Waah...after reading your entry here, i'm wondering how you manage to become such a goddess in A7.

::hAni::

Anonymous said...

Heyyyy...You still got any of your old toys??

Brown Sugar said...

Shoba you mean sister! Poor Nisha love.

Yam, 'shy' and 'Innocent' totally does not go with you.


Hani, I MISS A7 :( and the way Fadzli calls me Nalina goddessssss..hehehhe

Jules, i kept the thundercats sword..but now, dont know where that went.

Selery Stick said...

nalina this blog is far too funny. its funny enough to be read more than once especially when one is bored out of one's mind at work :P u looked (note past tense used) angelic. but u describe yourself as something/someone similar to the devil incarnate. hehe. evil spawn!!!! ok - i believe u :P i see once a mean chick, always a mean chick. and before you say anything, i never said anything about being angelic myself ;)