It’s been about 3 weeks upon arrival into this winter wonderland. Now, there are just so many things I want to say, I don’t really know where to start. Leaving was difficult; really bloody difficult given the fact that I’m not ordinarily emotional…I’m unduly complicated. The toughest part was at the Malaysian airport after clearing customs and it was like I was walking into this world of vacuum…nothing but dead silence and isolation. I cried inside. And I cried inside.
I met this polite Indian lady who was doing her PhD in Math on the plane, quite amazing as she’s a mother of 2 from Malaysia…very rare. I liked her. We said our goodbyes at the Melbourne airport. After that, I checked out and got myself a nice hot cuppa and hailed for a cab to Eng Hoe’s.
Officially Day 1.
The whole day, other than being a Zombie that hardly sleeps on planes (you know why)…Turbulence! I followed my friends to do whatever..Bought some stuff and headed home to sleep…a few people called to check if I was ok and all. I love you all so much. Words can’t really describe it.
In a nutshell : The following weeks were filled with a lot of cooking, as I was not working seeing that I could get back earlier on my aggressive( putting it calmly), work hunting task. I was not even calm, composed or poised. I said ok to every recruitment agent that wanted to see me at the same time and I literally made it for all simultaneously. I could be making a mountain out of a molehill here just a little. But that’s how it really felt ok. Paranoid about funds running low and time being wasted and job markets were getting all tight on me and etc. I had to be the soldier of hounding recruiters and potential employers. I got a job in one a half weeks after getting here. So all of you out there, never say impossible. Come talk to me.
I really got to go now. This is certainly to be continued.
Kisses to all of you.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
congrats woman!!!
glad to see you weren't planning to live off the dole..
Awesome! I'm glad things are working out for you.
This is why you asked me to write about being away from home. I get it now.
Lets swap :)
Hey, congrats! That's fantastic! :)
Nelly, I am quietly confident a smart girl like you would have little (or no) difficulty securing employment anywhere.
Good on ya!
Nelly,I can't believe you have my unattended friendster blog on your list too..hehe..
I AM SOO PROUD OF YOU.. :)
Remember what your dad said,"..you're anything but ordinary.." ...Always remember that he was soo right !!
Cheers babe :)
(Angie here btw..I can't logon from this forsaken protected Aker network)..
You're there! And away from this hole! hope you're having a fantastic time, dear.
One less familiar face at Bulldog now :(
One less person to drunkenly say stupid things to now :)
Thank you loverly people :)
Post a Comment